Thursday, May 28, 2009

Iggy's NEW "Preliminaires"

Wow. The new album by Iggy Pop is much better than I expected and not at all what I expected. Maybe that is what has been so appealing to me since I received the Limited Edition Virgin France version this week (It comes with a Limited Edition 7" single).

The first single and video "King Of The Dogs", was a post here near a couple of weeks ago. If you have not yet seen the interactive video, check it out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/iggypop

My favorite tracks so far - "Les Feuilles Mortes", "Nice To Be Dead" (One of the more uptempo songs), "Party Time", "I Want To Go To The Beach", "Spanish Coast"

This is NOT like any other Iggy Pop album. It sounds NOTHING like The Stooges or any of Iggy's previous solo recordings. Preliminaires sounds like it is completely free of any restrictions - personal or professional. It sounds like it is an unabashed expression of passion. It croons. It weeps. It is bold. It is confident sounding. It is spectacular! June 9th is the street date. Buy it. Check it Out.

You will NOT be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment